[Users] Help needed in recovering from iadvertent hdf5 update on mac

Comer Duncan comer.duncan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 10:04:49 CDT 2015

Hi Ian,

I got back Monday night and yesterday decided to get CT_MultiLevel and
rebuild so I can start learning how the multigrid stuff works with some
examples.  I got the CT_MultiLevel directories from bitbucket, copied it
into place in EinsteinInitialdata.
in the meantime I had done a weekly update of all my macports stuff (not a
good idea!).  I then proceeded to rebuild cactus.  All went fine (the
CT_MultiLevel seems to compile ok) until it got to iohdf5. It crashed
complaining about iohdf5 stuff. I have pasted the build to
http://pastebin.com/dqMtCL3A . Since the hdf5 stuff got updated I went
through the procedure of deactivating and in some cases uninstalling hdf
related stuff and believe I left it in the state in which no hdf5 is
active.  I have pasted a record of the various steps I went through as I
discovered what depended on what and tried to get hdf5 unactivated.  I
believe I was successful. Please see the following paste:
http://pastebin.com/4brgVdmE .

With the optionfile having BUILD as the selected option for HDF5 as was the
case when I implemented the workaround last week that you suggested.

So now, I am back to a similar spot except that now I do not have mpi
and/or gcc related issues. Also, I have the CT_MultiLevel stuff in place.

Can you suggest some next steps which can get be out of this hdf5 fix?

Thanks for the help!!!

Comer