[Users] Help needed in recovering from iadvertent hdf5 update on mac

Roland Haas rhaas at aei.mpg.de
Thu Jun 4 03:20:21 CDT 2015

Hello Comer,

> Concerning the development version, when will it be possible to do git pull
> to get the latest dev version?  I use and contribute to one or two other
> software projects that use github and would hope since ET has or is moving
> to git that the usual methods of cloning various branches would be
> standardly available.  So, what can you say about when this will be
> possible from bitbucket.org?
In case you only want to update a single part of the checkout to the
development version, eg. one of the ExternalLibraries (they are still in
subversion and will likely stay because git does not handle large binary
blobs of data like the tarballs very well) you can do:

cd arrangements/ExternalLibraries/HDF5/
svn switch '^/trunk'
svn update

and for git based repos

cd repos/flesh
git checkout master
git pull

you can use the regular git pull and svn update commands in the
repositories. There is also an update (-u) option to GetComponents
however it may switch branches again since the thornlist specified the
release branch.