[Users] VisIt reader?

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Fri Jun 5 06:29:27 CDT 2015

On 5 Jun 2015, at 05:03, Frank Loeffler <knarf at cct.lsu.edu> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 04, 2015 at 07:58:10PM -0400, Comer Duncan wrote:
>> I got it. Here is what I see when running install:
>
> Are you sure the reader isn't already part of your visit installation?

You should be able to download an executable for Mac OS from here:

https://wci.llnl.gov/simulation/computer-codes/visit/executables

and it should have the Carpet HDF5 reader built in.  You will need to enable HDF5 output for the variables you want to look at in your parameter file, e.g. with something like

IOHDF5::out_every = 16 # iterations
IOHDF5::out_vars = "ML_BSSN::phi" # Conformal factor

This is for 3D output.  You can also output 1D and 2D slices, but if you want to do volume rendering, I guess it's 3D you are after.

http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin