[Users] Problem with build after git pull

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Tue Jun 16 16:04:50 CDT 2015

On 16 Jun 2015, at 22:24, Comer Duncan <comer.duncan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Today I did a git pull and tried to build ET dev. It crashed with references to hdf5 as is shown in the pastebin:  http://pastebin.com/EdqqhdE0 .  Note that I am using the HDF5_DIR = BUILD option and have checked that mpi and gcc are compatible (the versions from macports).  I have removed hdf5 from active ports some time ago. So can developers please let me know what might be going on?

From the recent commits, I can't see anything immediately suspicious.  Maybe try deleting the config and building from scratch?

By the way, with ET dev, this is likely to happen from time to time, especially just after a release, when people are committing things they have been sitting on for a while.  If you want stability, you may want to stick to the release. I don't remember: was there something that you needed specifically from the development version?

http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin