[Users] release tasks

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Fri May 8 12:37:06 CDT 2015

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 1:24 PM, Frank Loeffler <knarf at cct.lsu.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Our goal is to release next week, at the beginning of next week if at
> all possible. This can only be achieved if we fix some things, and we
> agreed on working on it this week. Apart from an on-going discussion
> about include paths, we still have a long list of things to do. Since I
> might not have seen the progress on some points on this list I ask to
> report it here. What is left so far:
>
> - hwloc 'fiasco': we need to come to a state that builds for
>   standard systems, for everyone who tries. Right now we have
>   conflicting reports for Ubuntu.

let's collect real bug reports for this: complete configuration options,
complete build output.

> - include path trouble on multi-arch that might (mostly) influence
>   users that need Fortran HDF5 support. We might suggest to build HDF5
>   in these cases.
> - regenerate thorns using Kranc (Peter): status?

done

> - test gallery examples (Frank): not done yet
> - tutorials (Frank): will be updated once release branches
>                      exist
> - Queenbee (Peter): was working on it, but is not in simfactory yet
> - Comet (Erik): fails too many tests

i won't have time to investigate. comet is a new machine, so it's not a
priority.

> - Supermuc (Bruno): any update on testsuites?
> - Fermi & Galileo (Italian machines, Frank): testsuites all pass,
>   simfactory entries will be added soon
> - mike: updated configuration exists, but was causing trouble for
>   Erik for unknown reason that couldn't be reproduced.

i assume that the respective "softenv add" commands are missing in the
"envsetup" key, or that some paths are not set manually.

At this point I would have loved to create release branches. With the