[Users] Meeting minutes for 2015-05-11

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Tue May 12 10:18:51 CDT 2015

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 04:53:14PM +0200, Roland Haas wrote:
> compile since the list does not include libhdf5-dev. Since libhdf5-dev
> will fail b/c it will not find the architecture dependent files (and
> there are actually possible conflicts between libdhf5-dev and eg
> petsc-dev) I took out the HDF5_DIR line which will make it compile if
> detection fails.
>
> The alternative is to move libhdf5-dev into the required packages list,
> add the /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/hdf5/serial/lib/ to LIBDIRS,
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/hdf5/serial/include to SYS_INC_DIRS and check
> that that still compiles. I will try this as well once the one compiling
> HDF5 finishes (so that the list of packages that is supposed to make
> things faster also works).

I have now seen a similar issue on Debian Jessie. Ideally, the HDF5
thorn should make use of pkg-config (if available), which would take
care of all of that, but this is something we can defer to after the
release. For Debian Jessie this means that HDF5 will be compiled. I am
not happy about that, but completely rewriting the logic in the thorn
(and possibly others too because of multi-arch) is something best left
to after the release.

Frank