[Users] Toward an Extensible Volume Integration Thorn

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Sun May 24 20:47:10 CDT 2015

Hi Zach

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 09:43:02PM -0400, Zach Etienne wrote:
> But regarding your explanation, I have enabled Carpet::veryverbose, and no
> infinite loop is printed. In fact, it just hangs before printing anything
> related to the WHILE loop. If I had seen an infinite loop or any output,
> this could have conceivably been helpful in diagnosing the problem...

This is because this output happens in Carpet, while the while loop is
in Cactus, but no function call is made in that loop since no function is
scheduled (because Carpet decides that this is 'the wrong mode for your
function, global-early I believe in your case).

> Regarding the volume integration thorn:
> As promised, it is pretty easily extensible, and as such, I plan to extend
> it significantly over the coming weeks, adding lots of useful volume
> integrals (all optional and disabled by default). I would like to include
> this thorn alongside IllinoisGRMHD in the next ET release; it will contain
> a number of useful diagnostics that do not already exist within ET.

That would indeed be very nice. Thanks!

Frank