[Users] Carpet source code reformatted

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Nov 23 15:15:04 CST 2015

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 02:34:38PM -0500, Erik Schnetter wrote:
> I formatted Carpet's source code with clang-format. If you are maintaining
> a branch or patches, then you should reformat them as well to minimize
> conflicts. I am very interested in hearing whether this causes any problems.

Wouldn't changing all files in the branch using clang-format (assuming
clang-format would actually behave the same way on different machines)
create merge conflicts in git? After all - git couldn't decide which of
the commits to keep, even if the changes are the same. It did when I
tried.

The alternative is to merge with master first, before any format changes
on the branch. But this of course also leaves you with conflicts in
anything your branch touched.

Frank