[Users] scheduling and SCALAR variable

Roland Haas rhaas at aei.mpg.de
Sat Sep 19 12:22:17 CDT 2015

Hello Vassili,

> but now, the thorn runs *before* the QLM thorn, even though the schedule
> tree indicates differently.. which means I don't have access to the
> variables from the QLM thorn, because they haven't been calculated at the
> time my thorn does its calculations..
>
> how is this happening?
QLM most likely runs in GLOBAL-LATE mode (or maybe just GLOBAL in case
GLOBAL is GLOBAL-LATE in ANALYSIS) so it runs after your GLOBAL-EARLY
routine. The modes superseede and BEFORE/AFTER statement since the
schedule is always only walked once per refinement level.
GLOBAL-LATE/GLOBAL-EARLY routines run together with the last/first
refinement level that executes at that iteration.