[Users] SimulationTools/h5mma: Unable to communicate with closed link

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Tue Apr 12 12:08:27 CDT 2016

On 12 Apr 2016, at 19:02, Bernard Kelly <physicsbeany at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Ian.
>
> Tried the test data. Same error/failure.
>
> I just checked out the git version of h5mma; the README seems mostly
> about the use of the utility in general, rather than installation
> instructions (I'm thinking of things like the prefix chosen at
> configuration stage). Should I build directly in the
> /Library/Mathematica/Applications directory (sounds wrong), or buld
> locally and move the result?

There is a link in the README to the BitBucket wiki, which contains a link to the compilation instructions.  This could be easier to find :)

https://bitbucket.org/simulationtools/h5mma/wiki/Compiling%20h5mma

On Mac OS, you shouldn't need to change any prefixes etc, if you are using homebrew or macports.

http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin