[Users] minutes for 2016-08-08

Roland Haas rhaas at aei.mpg.de
Mon Aug 8 09:57:18 CDT 2016

Present: Frank, Steve, Peter, Eloisa, Ian, Erik, Matt, Roland, Zach

* auto-synchronize grid functions:
** was presented multiple times in the call
** question whether this is effective or not
** should be the same speed since it calls the same SYNC statements
just in different places
** currently looks at whether the function reads from everywhere but
the last write was interior only, then there is a SYNC call before the
function
** second part of functionality is to return NULL from CCTK_VarDataPtr
when no Read/Write is declared provoking a SEGFAULT when Reads/Writes
are missing
** uisng piraha-everywhere one could create function specific
DECLARE_CCTK_ARGUMENTS
** Frank to look at it at the end of the week

* piraha-everywhere (branch):
** review requested

* developer's meeting
** what is a good time to do this? Zach teaches MWF this semester, no
restrictions from the others

* ET grant
** will make a version of the proposal public and start organizing work
on it soon