[Users] meeting minutes for 2016-12-05

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Mon Dec 5 09:57:41 CST 2016

Present: Frank, Erik, Roland, Jens Mahlmann, Yosef, Zach

Evolving GRHydro in axissymmetry
* Cartoon is still the way to go
* However not often used, and full 3d is likely less difficult to get
  to work

Failing test:
* failing tests that compute metric for symmetry tests fail in
  computing the constraints
* Peter investigated and will try and find out what is not
  working
* Comet/Gordon failing tests: Roland to investigate
* WENO test failing on Wheeler, Bethe, Ubuntu-Current: Roland to check

Hackathon:
* FunHPC in Cactus
* a more generic multithreading method than OpenMPI
* this first one will be an introduction to FunHPC
https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/redirect?dest=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.einsteintoolkit.org%2Fet-docs%2FRemote_Mini-Workshop_Series%23Mini-Workshop_.231%3A_Wed.2C_Dec_7.2C_2016.2C_9%3A00_EST