[Users] Installing on OSX10.12

Guy guy.pitman at bigpond.com
Mon Dec 19 20:12:16 CST 2016

Hi Eloisa

I installed gcc6 and changed the option list to point to that

(CPP = cpp-6
FPP = cpp-6
CC  = gcc-6
CXX = g++-6
F90 = gfortran-6

CPPFLAGS =
FPPFLAGS = -traditional
CFLAGS   = -g -std=c11
CXXFLAGS = -g -std=c++14
F90FLAGS = -g -m128bit-long-double -fcray-pointer -ffixed-line-length-none

LDFLAGS = -lgfortran)

But when I run build, I get the error message

Configuration script for thorn FORTRAN returned exit code 1
     Error message: 'Fortran thorn requires that a Fortran compiler is defined, but F77 = 'none' and F90 = 'none'.  Aborting.’

I have searched for these expressions and found something in

./lib/make/configure, but am not sure how/whether to change it.

Do you have any ideas?

Regards

Guy