[Users] Installing on OSX10.12

Eloisa Bentivegna eloisa.bentivegna at ct.infn.it
Tue Dec 20 03:26:41 CST 2016

On 20/12/16 03:12, Guy wrote:
> Hi Eloisa
>
> I installed gcc6 and changed the option list to point to that
>
> (CPP = cpp-6
> FPP = cpp-6
> CC  = gcc-6
> CXX = g++-6
> F90 = gfortran-6
>
> CPPFLAGS =
> FPPFLAGS = -traditional
> CFLAGS   = -g -std=c11
> CXXFLAGS = -g -std=c++14
> F90FLAGS = -g -m128bit-long-double -fcray-pointer -ffixed-line-length-none
>
> LDFLAGS = -lgfortran)
>

> But when I run build, I get the error message
>
> Configuration script for thorn FORTRAN returned exit code 1
>      Error message: 'Fortran thorn requires that a Fortran compiler is
> defined, but F77 = 'none' and F90 = 'none'.  Aborting.’
>
> I have searched for these expressions and found something in
>
> ./lib/make/configure, but am not sure how/whether to change it.
>

> Do you have any ideas?

Hi!

There's inconsistency here: the options you give above have 'F90 =
gfortran-6', but the CST complains that you have both F77 = 'none' and
F90 = 'none'.

I suggest restarting from scratch, and making sure (this will be
apparent from the first lines of output) that your chosen optionlist is
sourced and the various flags look as intended.

Eloisa