[Users] problem on running bbh expample

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Fri Dec 23 10:42:06 CST 2016

Cory

This indicates a severe problem. The most likely reason is that there
are two processes started, but they don't "find" each other, and then
both run independently thinking that there are the only process.

This can be caused by a mixup of MPI implementation. If you have two
MPI implementations installed, then you might be using one of them to
compile, but you might be using the "mpirun" command of the other one.
You will need to correct this for things to work. It's difficult to
tell from the outside what went wrong. The output from Cactus when it
configured should/might have stated where the MPI implementation is
located (e.g. "/usr/local"), and if you type "which mpirun", it should
tell you which you are using (maybe "/usr").

-erik