[Users] McLachlan Shift Condition

Peter Diener diener at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Dec 28 02:57:27 CST 2016

Hi Gwyneth,

The parameters to control the gamma driver shift condition is something
that we would like to make more transparent. I have to go and look at
the Kranc code, in order to figure out how things work.

When ShiftBCoeff = 1 and ShiftAdvectionCoeff = 1 (both are the default
values) we are evolving the gamma driver shift that is listed on the
wiki you point to.

ShiftGammaCoeff should be set to 0.75 (it's the 3/4 in the equation for
the shift). It's unfortunate that 0.75 is not the default value for
ShiftGammaCoeff, as this is the only value that is ever used (as far as
I know). BetaDriver is the eta value in the eqaution for B.
ShiftAlphaPower is a leftover parameter from before the moving puncture
approach came into use and currently has no effect in the code.

Cheers,

   Peter