[Users] Compiling Einstein Toolkit

Korobkin, Oleg korobkin at lanl.gov
Tue Jun 28 16:14:14 CDT 2016

Maria,

Looks like default g++ on your cluster is outdated. You can check the
version by typing,
$ g++ ‹-version

Versions before 4.7.0 don¹t support the offending '‹std=gnu++11' flag. But
the cluster certainly should have more recent compilers installed. Is
there a link to the list of software available on biggreen? Try this
command:
$ module avail

 - this should list all the modules that are installed on your cluster,
including more recent compilers. If any modules are present, they are
probably called 'gcc/X.Y.Z' or 'gnu-compilers-X.Y.Z' and you can add the
corresponding module like this:
$ module load gcc/4.8.1

Try adding this newer module and recompiling:
$ make ET-config options=simfactory/mdb/optionlists/biggreen.cfg
THORNLIST=manifest/einsteintoolkit.th

All the best,
 - Oleg

On 6/28/16, 11:59 AM, "users-bounces at einsteintoolkit.org on behalf of