[Users] meeting minutes for 2016-05-02

Roland Haas rhaas at aei.mpg.de
Mon May 2 10:01:59 CDT 2016

Present: Steve, Roland, Eloisa, Matt, Ian, Josh, Erik, Peter,

Tickets:
* AHFinderDirect: apply proposed patch incl. comments
* TimerReport and Cactus require c++11: with current fixes Cactus
selects proper compiler options
* HDF5 memory fragmentation: happens on stampede, datura due to use of
realloc() with an initial allocation which is almost always too small.
Ian will extract information out of (private) email thread to obtain an
actionable item in the ticket. Suggest to send a bug report to HDF5. Put
ticket on hold until we have sufficient information and a test case though.
* McLachlan helper thorns: known how to do, ticket is a reminder
* Parfile error concerning comments: Steve will take care of it

Next ET release:
* will have release (see previous minutes) but only maintenance due to
no big new features
* will discuss details next week when all are back

Workshop:
* remote access seems desirable but difficult to get set up properly.
Will be discussed among organizers and requires some outside interest
being voiced.