[Users] Cactus only using one "tags" string per group in interface.ccl?

Bernard Kelly physicsbeany at gmail.com
Fri May 20 10:36:51 CDT 2016

Hi.

I only just found out that these two interface.ccl declarations are
*not* equivalent:

* tags='checkpoint="no" Prolongation="none"'
tags='tensortypealias="Scalar" tensorweight=0 tensorparity=1'

* tags='checkpoint="no" Prolongation="none" 'tensortypealias="Scalar"
tensorweight=0 tensorparity=1'

Both compile, but in the first case, the contents of the first "tags"
string is ignored (I realized this only when I was getting crashes
from CarpetLib's ggf.cc on attempted prolongation).

So given that only one tags value is being used for each group, Is
there a reason why the compilation stage SHOULDN'T flag/fail on a
repeated tags definition like the first example? Since it didn't, I
just assumed it was concatenating the two strings and using all the
info.

[Yes, I know it's silly to have two assignments where one will do, but
as often happens, I inherited some code that did it.]

[I'm still using ET_2015_05 for this, in case anything's changed.]

Thanks,

Bernard