[Users] status release

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Thu May 26 10:44:09 CDT 2016

Hi,

I would like to give you a little update about the release.

All testsuites pass now (on Jenkins). For the most part, this was
'fixing the testsuites', rather than fixing actual code.

Some tickets still need to be addressed, and/or need more input:

#1897 [1]: external library build issues
#1853 [2]: diagonal Carpet output. The troubling patch will be moved
           to a feature branch and be reverted from both release and
           master until fixed.
#1850 [4]: Stampede performance problem (reviewed ok, but not resolved)

Would-be-nice tickets that potentially could make it into the
release include:

#1881 [3]: improve piraha error messages (needs review, and a decision
           about inclusion in the release, which I'll leave to the
           reviewer).
#1894 [5]: TwoPuncture potential segfault fix (reviewed ok, but not pushed)

I propose we'll use today (and tomorrow for people in the EU) to fix all
of those. I'll create release branches after that, hopefully tomorrow
morning (US time). I'll then send around a request to start testing as
heavily as you can/dare.

If you do start working on one of those tickets, leave a note here:
  https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1895
to avoid duplicated work.

What is the current status of the re-worked gallery?

Frank Loeffler

[1] https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1897
[2] https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1853
[3] https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1881