[Users] status release

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Fri May 27 14:00:48 CDT 2016

On 26 May 2016, at 17:44, Frank Loeffler <knarf at cct.lsu.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to give you a little update about the release.
>
> All testsuites pass now (on Jenkins). For the most part, this was
> 'fixing the testsuites', rather than fixing actual code.
>
> Some tickets still need to be addressed, and/or need more input:
>
> #1897 [1]: external library build issues
> #1853 [2]: diagonal Carpet output. The troubling patch will be moved
>           to a feature branch and be reverted from both release and
>           master until fixed.
> #1850 [4]: Stampede performance problem (reviewed ok, but not resolved)
>
> Would-be-nice tickets that potentially could make it into the
> release include:
>
> #1881 [3]: improve piraha error messages (needs review, and a decision
>           about inclusion in the release, which I'll leave to the
>           reviewer).
> #1894 [5]: TwoPuncture potential segfault fix (reviewed ok, but not pushed)
>
> I propose we'll use today (and tomorrow for people in the EU) to fix all
> of those. I'll create release branches after that, hopefully tomorrow
> morning (US time). I'll then send around a request to start testing as
> heavily as you can/dare.

Hi Frank,

Do we usually test on the release branches first?  I think we should test on the trunk, otherwise the inevitable fixes for different machines will have to be separately applied to both branches.  Since we haven't done ANY testing on anything other than the Ubuntu Jenkins VM yet, I think it's better to hold off on the release branches until we have some confidence in trunk.

So I would say the next step is to start testing.  Erik: you have a well-developed infrastructure for this.  Would you be able to submit a batch of tests?

http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin