[Users] Continuation of problems downloading ET onto Dora

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Tue Sep 13 11:26:55 CDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 05:00:06PM +0200, L.S. Oswald wrote:
> I haven't been able to work out which gcc version I use, but I think you're
> correct that it's an old version.

gcc --version

  should tell you the version

> Could you advise me on how to direct the code to compile with the correct
> version of gcc? I attempted to do so by changing the CC flag in my
> configuration file but that didn't seem to do anything: the program compiled
> with gcc even when I changed the CC flag to a random word.

That's what you usually put into the config file.

That is, where you quoted:

# Whenever this version string changes, the application is configured
# and rebuilt from scratch
VERSION = 2012-04-11

CPP = cpp
FPP = cpp
CC  = gcc
CXX = g++
#F77 = gfortran
#F90 = gfortran
F77 = gfortran-4.6
F90 = gfortran-4.6

If you change something there, and especially if you just start out, it
is safest to delete configs/YOURSPECIFIEDNAME before a retry. (Where
YOURSPECIFIEDNAME is 'sim' be default if you used simfactory).

Frank