[Users] use of NO_ALLOCATION in simfactory machine definition files

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Sep 21 09:04:59 CDT 2016

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 12:58:27PM -0400, Erik Schnetter wrote:
>This looks like a good idea. We might need to update the MDB definition
>as
>well to make this key either required or optional (don't know which is
>better).

That is a good thought. Not every machine requires an allocation name.
If we would make it a required field, it would force users to choose
something even for machine that don't need it. On the other hand, we
could work around that by providing 'something' (notneeded?) for those
machines, and not use the string in the qsub script. Although, that does
sound a little 'hacky'.

I would suspect that making it optional begs the question what
simfactory should use to replace the potentially present strings in the
qsub file with, and why it should warn or abort if none was given.

Frank