[Users] Changing I/O parameters between simulations restarts

dumsani g14n8326 at campus.ru.ac.za
Fri Sep 30 09:04:10 CDT 2016

Hi,

When running long simulations with checkpointing, it might sometimes be
useful to change certain parameters, especially I/O (e.g. the frequency
of outputting a certain variable). Is this possible in
Cactus/Simfactory? I notice that upon recovery (in the next re-start)
Simfactory reads the parameters from a checkpoint file, not from any of
the parfiles dumped within the job directory.

Any suggestions/responses will be highly appreciated.

Thank you,
Dumsani