[Users] Merging CarpertIOHDF5 output from several checkpoints

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Fri Sep 30 10:56:22 CDT 2016

On 30 Sep 2016, at 16:29, Roland Haas <rhaas at illinois.edu> wrote:

> Hello Dumsani,
>
> there are two different things you may want to do. If you have files
> rho.file_0.h5 eps.file_0.h5 rho.file_1.h5 and eps.file_1.h5 and would
> like to combine the variables you can use:
>
> hdf5_merge rho.file_0.h5 eps.file_0.h5 vars.file_0.h5
> hdf5_merge rho.file_1.h5 eps.file_1.h5 vars.file_1.h5
>
> ie when you want to keep the file_X structure intact. If not then you
> must use the hdf5 slicer:
>
> hdf5_slicer --out3d-cube rho.file_*.h5 eps.file_*.h5 vars.h5

Also note that (as far as I know) this simply copies the datasets from one file to the other. It does not coalesce the individual rectangular components into a single one, suitable for viewing with a generic visualisation tool.  This would not in general be possible for a mesh-refined grid.

http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin