[Users] Install ET on OSG

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Apr 5 08:41:19 CDT 2017

We discussed Cactus and the OSG many years ago. The major issue then was
MPI, since it is usually not possible to auto-detect which MPI version
should be used on a particular system.

I suggest that you start by listing the software dependencies (probably
MPI, HDF5, C, C++, and Fortran compilers, maybe a few others). Once you
have these installed (or decided that you want to let Cactus install these
automatically), we can discuss the problems you encounter, as Ian said
above.

-erik