[Users] meeting minutes for 2017-08-28

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Mon Aug 28 11:06:38 CDT 2017

On 28 Aug 2017, at 17:17, Roland Haas <rhaas at illinois.edu> wrote:

> status of servers at LSU:
> * simfactory.org is back up
> * Roland says that Ian has hooked the ET websites to uptime service and
>  can likely add others to the recipient list (or just at the
>  test at einsteintoolkit.org mailing list)

I prefer to decouple the uptime monitoring from the services that are being monitored, which may at some point include the mail server or DNS system handling einsteintoolkit.org.  For now, I can add addresses manually.  You can also see the stats at

http://etstats.barrywardell.net

(we can't use einsteintoolkit.org, because its current owner, LSU, does not allow hosts that they do not control to have their domain names).

It would be good to try to have a different owner of the domain, so that we can be more flexible about this.

http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin