[Users] Compile question

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Wed Feb 1 05:37:43 CST 2017

On 1 Feb 2017, at 12:29, Guy <guy.pitman at bigpond.com> wrote:

> Hi Ian,
>
> I was following the method used in the Kranccode.org tutorial -  I didn’t realise that you could just replace the Thornlist file in the command
> ./simfactory/bin/sim build --mdbkey make 'make -j2' --thornlist=kranc.th
>
> - that seems to work!  Thank you very much.

I should add a comment to the tutorial suggesting that you can use simfactory if you are familiar with it.  For the simple kranc example, which doesn't need fortran etc or any complicated thorns, it is close to working out of the box with just plain "make" on some systems, which is why I didn't want to introduce the additional layer of complexity that is simfactory.

http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin