[Users] tutorial for new users, edits, question about plots

Bill Gabella b.gabella at vanderbilt.edu
Wed Feb 1 15:11:06 CST 2017

I tried to edit the
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Tutorial_for_New_Users
anonymously (and maybe it worked, do we want it to work with anonymous
edits?)  But just in case it reverts, I changed the text

p 'hydrobas::rho.maximum.asc' u 2:3 w lp

p 'hydrobase-rho.maximum.asc' u 2:3 w lp

and similarly lower down

p 'admbase::lapse.minimum.asc' u 2:3 w lp

p 'admbase-lapse.minimum.asc' u 2:3 w lp

I have output files with the '-' in them and not '::' .

Also using the static_tov.par that comes with ETK_2016_11 in
/repos/einsteinexamples/par/static_tov.par  and my plots look very
different than the tutorial plots...but caution, I am new to ETK!
hydrobase-rho.maximum.asc plot Image:rho_of_time.png
and
admbase-lapse.minium.asc plot Image:Lapse_of_time.png

On the left are my ETK runs of static_tov.par and on the right are the
ones from the new user tutorial.
My run "looks" successful in that I have no errors and it ran to the end
of the time, 1000.  I have many warnings in the output file, but mostly
the seem benign.

So THE question here, are my plots right or are the tutorials?  And
could it be the static_tov.par in the ETK_2016_11 is different than used
on the tutorial?

Thanks for future help.  Also just practicing posting to the list:)

bill e.g.

--
William Gabella

b.gabella at vanderbilt.edu