[Users] tutorial for new users, edits, question about plots

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Feb 1 16:10:43 CST 2017

On Wed, Feb 01, 2017 at 03:11:06PM -0600, Bill Gabella wrote:
>I have output files with the '-' in them and not '::' .

Thanks. Default for that was changed some time ago, and the tutorial
probably not updated since then.

>On the left are my ETK runs of static_tov.par and on the right are the
>ones from the new user tutorial.
>My run "looks" successful in that I have no errors and it ran to the
>end of the time, 1000.  I have many warnings in the output file, but
>mostly the seem benign.
>
>So THE question here, are my plots right or are the tutorials?  And
>could it be the static_tov.par in the ETK_2016_11 is different than
>used on the tutorial?

It could be that something else changed, but I could only take a glance
now to (also) see that they are different. Would you mind to please open
a ticket at https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ ?

The differences are obvious on first glance, and none is obviously
"wrong". My first suspicion would be a change in the defaults for the
gauge or something similar.

Frank