[Users] Compile question

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Mon Feb 6 02:42:06 CST 2017

On 6 Feb 2017, at 02:08, Guy Pitman <guy.pitman at bigpond.com> wrote:

> Hi Ian,
>
> I ran the following command ./simfactory/bin/sim build --mdbkey make 'make -j2' --thornlist=kranc.th  with the attached Thornlist, which included the CT_Dust Kranc thorn, and then ran
> ./simfactory/bin/sim submit static_tov --parfile=par/static_tov_small.par --procs=1 --walltime=8:0:0  with the attached parameter file, which also includes CT_Dust , but when I look at the output in ~/simulations/static_tov/output-0003, the  static_tov_small.par which I assume has been copied from the par directory has CT_Dust removed?  The static_tov.out file also has no reference to CT_Dust.  Can you see what I am doing wrong?

Hi,

sim submit not only creates a new simulation, but also continues existing simulations.  The fact that you have an output-0003 means this is the 4th time you have submitted the same simulation.  In that case, I don't know whether simfactory tries to update the parameter file.  It really shouldn't accept the option without an error if it's just going to ignore it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.  I suggest to delete the whole simulation and try again.  You can also use

	sim purge static_tov

which will do the deletion.

http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin