[Users] Einstein Toolkit Meeting Reminder

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Sat Feb 25 20:49:52 CST 2017

Hello Christian, all,

> Can we add a discussion of Con2Prim-outsourcing for GRHydro?
Thank you for suggesting this (sorry, I had forgotten about this when
coming up with topics for the call).

This is fine with me. Let's see who shows up.

> The idea is to have separate thorns provide Con2Prim routines for
> GRHydro, because often research projects need modified/customized
> Con2Prim handling (e.g. hydro near punctures etc.).
>
> We have a trial implementation of this in Zelmani, but Roland and I have
> some differing views how this should be done and it would be good to
> discuss this with a broader group of people.
I may be good if we each put our respective implementation of the
method into a branch (not master) of say the einsteinevolve repo
(https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/einsteinevolve say
ExternalCon2Prim ?) so that people can have a look to see how the two
approaches differ (and it will force me to actually implement what I
argue for so as to see if this is even feasible)?