[Users] new web page design

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Tue Jan 31 08:44:37 CST 2017

Hi Maitraya

Thanks for your input!

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 04:58:44AM +0530, Maitraya Bhattacharyya wrote:
>The list of users seems not to have been updated with new data from the
>submission form.

This requires manual editing, and will remain that way - mostly for
reasons of spam-preventing.

> Also, a map would have been nice (I think the old site has one).

The old didn't. We have thought about it, but it would require us to
also get the coordinates for each member. It is still on the table, but
would require some work.

>I tested many of the pages from Firefox 51.0.1 (64-bit) on Ubuntu 16.04
>and
>things seem to be fine. A minor caveat seems to the rather funny placement
>of buttons (they seem to be too close to the text). I don't know if this is
>a browser rendering issue or a design issue.

I now see what you mean. I've added a little space in between, and I
agree that it looks better that way. Thanks!

Frank