[Users] Einstein Toolkit Meeting Reminder

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Mon Jul 10 09:44:55 CDT 2017

Hello all,

> I guess those who set up a telecon in the past know how to do this, and
> others don't since Google applies some strange rules. Can we add respective
> instructions (for setting up a telecon, and for giving feedback if it
> doesn't work) to the wiki?
Basically: log out of *all* your google accounts (best would be to open
up  new browser). *Then* log into yourname at gmail.com (*not*
yourname at yourinstitute.edu), *before* you create or try to enter the
hangout. First person in the hangout sets the ownership to their
institution (google which makes it public or yourinstitute which makes
it private and that gives you all the trouble we are seeing). Just
having the correct one be the "active" one is sadly not enough.

Since I had this same issue myself quite a lot in the past I ended up
actually running two browsers: one logged into gmail.com (Firefox) and
one logged into rhaas at illinois.edu (eg Chrome).

This seems like an very bad issue with Google's multi-account handling.