[Users] SphericalHarmonicRecon and SphericalHarmonicReconGen

Yosef Zlochower yosef at astro.rit.edu
Thu Jul 13 10:14:00 CDT 2017

Hi Ian,
   Bela found a bug in the null code and I committed his fix on June 2.
That commit included an updated testsuite for SphericalHarmonicRecon,
but not for SphericalHarmonicReconGen. I wonder if the
SphericalHarmonicReconGen testsuite is out of date.

The failure for SphericalHarmonicRecon is quite weird.
The failing code is

  if (minval(abs(zeta - dcmplx(1,1))) < 1.0d-10) then
         Tarr = minloc(abs(stereo_q(:,1)-1.))
         loc_q = Tarr(1)
         Tarr = minloc(abs(stereo_p(1,:)-1.))
         loc_p = Tarr(1)
         if (abs(zeta(loc_q,loc_p) - dcmplx(1.,1.)) .gt. 1d-10) then
            call CCTK_WARN(0, " Error ")
         endif

      endif
I can't figure out why the test is there. However, I also can't figure
out how it can fail.

Basically the code uses either two real angular coordinates (q and p)
or one complex one (zeta). With zeta = q + i * p. The code is checking
that if zeta == 1+i anywhere, that it is equal to 1 + i at the point
where q=1 and p=1.

Can you try to output
loc_q, loc_p, stereo_p(1,loc_p), stereo_p(loc_q,1), and zeta(loc_q, loq_p)?