[Users] meeting minutes for 2017-06-12

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Mon Jun 12 12:12:20 CDT 2017

Present: Bill Gabella, Frank, Roland, Erik, Qian, Vassili, Bhavesh,
Roberto, Peter

* Roland gave a quick overview over the school status
** program for school settled
** want lecturers to commit to abstract and topics for lecture soon

* Bill Gabella introduced himself. Group effort to get ET working at
  Vanderbilt and what one can do with it.
** if there are nice figures or simulations, would be interested in
including them

ET release
* will create release branches in 1.5 weeks time
* release in two weeks (end of June)
* need list of tasks
* new diagnostics thorn, likely too late but have a look:
https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1974
* update version of LORENE: would like to include
https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1817
* Meudon (just a patch): https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/2039
* Carpet using this==NULL: Erik has an independent fix, one of the
  fixes should go in. https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1821
* McLachlan testsuite fail:
  https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1995 must be fixed for the
  release
* new thorn RNS thorn: likely won't make it into the release
https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/2043
* new analysis thorns: likely won't make it into the release
https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/2042
* EOS_Omni piecewise polytropes, could go in if we get the final
  "please apply". https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/2040

KNL issues:
* still working on issues stampede, got into contact with TACC but got
  sidetracked
* need volunteers to work on optimization. No deep knowledge of ET
  required.