[Users] release status

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Sun Jun 18 16:21:50 CDT 2017

Hi

A short update of the upcoming release:

There are still outstanding issues that prevent going forward with the
release (see
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Release_coordination for
current information).

The most important are:

- Some McLachlan testsuites are still failing. Peter wasn't able to find
  time to look at it, and won't have for the coming week. We need a
  volunteer to work on these. This is ticket 1995.
- ExternalLibraries/MPI prevents Cactus from linking if built from the
  thorn-sources, on (at least some) Linux systems.
  The issue is described in ticket 2049.
- Both SphericalHarmonicReconGen tests fail, for at least apparently
  different reasons (but since one is a segfault you never know)

Otherwise, the tests seem to run fine, on the few machines I've tested
them on. We obviously need to test a lot more machines, which is also
still out-standing.

Frank