[Users] release status

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Jun 19 10:08:18 CDT 2017

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 10:58:28AM -0400, Erik Schnetter wrote:
>Note that this has a straightforward work-around -- pass the respective
>options manually. This short before a release, I recommend going with a
>work-around instead of modifying Cactus's internal mechanism, which might
>break things.

That's what the workaround would do: pass them manually in case the code
finds itself on a Linux system. We cannot unconditionally add them in
the thorn, because those Libraries might not exist on other systems than
linux, and we cannot add them to the optionlist either, because there we
don't know if we actually want to build MPI and it's also not strictly a
linux-only optionlist.

Frank