[Users] IOHDF5 Error

Gwyneth Allwright allgwy001 at myuct.ac.za
Sun Mar 12 03:08:52 CDT 2017

Hi All,

One of my simulations recently aborted with the following error:

cactus_ET:
/opt/exp_soft/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetLib/src/bboxset2.hh:261:
bboxset2::bboxset<T, D> bboxset2::bboxset<T, D>::binary_operator(const F&,
const bboxset2::bboxset<T, D>&) const [with F = bboxset2::bboxset<T,
D>::operator&(const bboxset2::bboxset<T, D>&) const [with T = int; int D =
3]::<lambda(const bboxset1&, const bboxset1&)>; T = int; int D = 3]:
Assertion `all(stride == other.stride)' failed.

This was when running on an HPC cluster. On my laptop, it works fine and I
don't get this error.

However, commenting out the following section in my parameter file resulted
in a successful HPC run:

Activethorns = "CarpetIOHDF5"
IOHDF5::one_file_per_group =  "yes"
IOHDF5::out0D_every =  128
IOHDF5::out0D_vars =  "
  WEYLSCAL4::Psi4r
  WEYLSCAL4::Psi4i
  PunctureTracker::pt_loc
"

This is the only HDF5 output I'm requesting. Am I doing something silly
here?

If it would help, I'd be happy to open a ticket and attach the whole
parameter file, backtrace etc.

Gwyneth