[Users] LORENE BHNS Initial Data

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Tue Mar 14 08:37:06 CDT 2017

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 01:51:40PM +0200, Gwyneth Allwright wrote:
>Apparently one needs the development version of Lapack for a successful
>Lorene compilation (http://www.lorene.obspm.fr/prerequisites.html), but I
>think I only have the December 2016 release. I'll see if adding the
>development version makes a difference.

Hi,

A note on terminology here: what Lorene means with "development version"
is the package that includes the header files, not a version still in
development. If you were to install Lapack by hand you usually get both,
but distributions often split them because the majority of users only
ever needs the library itself. You only need the header files if you
compile against the library, not if you only run something that uses it.

Thus, a release from last year is perfectly fine. Depending on what
distribution you use, "development" packages (meant for development
using them) are sometimes called package-dev or package-devel.

Frank