[Users] LORENE BHNS Initial Data

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Tue Mar 14 09:01:05 CDT 2017

On 14 Mar 2017, at 10:39, Gwyneth Allwright <allgwy001 at myuct.ac.za> wrote:

> I've realized that I get the OpenBLAS error regardless of whether or not I set OPENBLAS_DIR=BUILD. So I think there's something wrong with my optionlist.
>
> The optionlist worked previously, but it's been a while since I tried compiling the Einstein Toolkit on my laptop. In between the successful compiles and now, I installed gcc-6 via MacPorts (which is currently my default version). Perhaps this could be causing trouble.
>
> My laptop is a bit of a mess: I'm using both MacPorts and Homebrew, have multiple versions of things, and am generally unsure about what is linked to what. I'm actually tempted to do a factory reset, choose a single package manager (and stick to it), and do fresh checkouts of everything I need.

Hi,

You probably don't need to do a complete reinstall. MacPorts installs into /opt/local only, so if you wipe that (or move it), and then reinstall MacPorts, you are guaranteed not to have the old versions used.  It's possible you have other things installed in /opt/local, but I don't think it's very common.  I believe homebrew goes into /usr/local, but it's more common to find other packages which like to install themselves there, so be careful with removing it.

http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin