[Users] LORENE BHNS Initial Data

Gwyneth Allwright allgwy001 at myuct.ac.za
Sat Mar 18 15:46:01 CDT 2017

Hi Roland, Frank, Ian,

Thanks for all your help, and sorry for taking so long to respond. In the
end I decided to wipe everything and start over. It was a good opportunity
to clean up my hard drive and upgrade to the latest macOS!

I'm now using Homebrew only. Both the Einstein Toolkit and Lorene compile
without hiccups. Roland, I was able to go through all the steps for getting
the initial data that you described.

The only issue I'm experiencing is with running my Einstein Toolkit
compilations using the mpirun command.

I tried:

mpirun -np 2 <exe file> <parameter file>

and got:

[Gwyneths-MacBook-Air.local:16392] [[60663,0],0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Bad
parameter in file orted/pmix/pmix_server.c at line 262
[Gwyneths-MacBook-Air.local:16392] [[60663,0],0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Bad
parameter in file ess_hnp_module.c at line 666
It looks like orte_init failed for some reason; your parallel process is
likely to abort.  There are many reasons that a parallel process can
fail during orte_init; some of which are due to configuration or
environment problems.  This failure appears to be an internal failure;
here's some additional information (which may only be relevant to an
Open MPI developer):

  pmix server init failed
  --> Returned value Bad parameter (-5) instead of ORTE_SUCCESS

I installed Open MPI via Homebrew and used osx-homebrew.cfg for my
compilation. It has MPI_DIR = /usr/local.

Incidentally: I modified arrangements/Carpet/CarpetLib/src/defs.hh as Ian
suggested, and got that bboxset2 is used on my laptop (for this
compilation, at least). (I'll reply properly to my other thread about the
potential Carpet bug soon -- I'd like to check whether or not the error
appears on my laptop for the new compilation.)

Gwyneth