[Users] Excision with McLachlan

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Mar 27 11:10:20 CDT 2017

Miguel

LegoExcision was never working satisfactorily, and is not supported any
more. The problem is (likely) that the characteristic velocities across the
Lego boundaries may not all have the same sign (outflowing). I thus
recommend to use a smooth excision surface, as Jonah suggests below.

Using excision for the hydrodynamic quantities, if done inside the black
hole, is also possible, but that is usually combined with punctures for the
geometry.

-erik