[Users] Tracer particles: Processor distribution of array

Jens Mahlmann jensmahl at alumni.uv.es
Wed May 10 07:42:06 CDT 2017

Dear all,

I am currently working on the implementation of tracer particles into an
evolution code. As for this, my orientation is the particle
implementation of GRHydro. The number of particles is, in this case, is
distributed equally across the processors by the DISTRIB=DEFAULT option.
Is there any experience out there with distributing arrays according to
a transfer function (e.g., some sort of density), such that higher
density regions have more traced particles? In the documentation I only
found the DISTRIB=CONSTANT option - which would not serve the purpose.

Thank you very much and my best!

Jens