[Users] Tracer particles: Processor distribution of array

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Wed May 10 08:45:33 CDT 2017

Hello Jens,

there is no support (that I would know of) for having per-variable
control how the array is distributed though. Ie the choice made in the
parameters affects all variables. This could be changed with changes in
Carpet, at least for grid-arrays (which are the only ones you are
concerned with). Note that this split is fixed in time for grid arrays
at this point, it cannot be adjusted. Making it adjustable would
require changes inside of Carpet (making the grid-array more similar
to a grid-function).

I am assuming you'd like to use grid arrays to have access to
checkpointing / recovery? Otherwise you could use just regular vectors
and resize them yourself as required.