[Users] Einstein Toolkit Meeting Reminder

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Sun May 14 20:53:19 CDT 2017

Hi

Please consider joining the weekly Einstein Toolkit phone call at
9:30 am US central time on Mondays. As usual, you can find instructions
how to join on the following web site:

http://einsteintoolkit.org/community/support/

Tomorrow, we might use something else than a hangout. I will post
instructions as usual, on this list, about 15 minutes before the
meeting, and they will be also posted on

https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Main_Page

Some background: google hangouts have a limit of 10 participants, and
even for registered organizations the hard limit is 15. We have hit 10
more than we liked in the recent past, and can see 15 be a problem in
the near future as well. So, we seek to switch to another solution.

Like GPU development is to quite an extent driven by the gaming
industry, voip seems to be too, at least recently. Some of the
developers will test "discord" tomorrow morning - let me know if you are
also interested, and available ~1h before the meeting. It's advantage
over the other two "big" methods (Mumble and TeamSpeak) is that discord
provides a web-client, and thus, doesn't require (but allows) dedicated
software installation.

Frank Löffler