[Users] Fedora 27 Compilation error

iconoklastic91 at gmail.com iconoklastic91 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 22:33:14 CST 2017

Fedora 27 has just been released in final form, I did not expect to find any previous references to it yet. (I'm using x86_64, of course.) I preferred to use Fedora because I had little trouble getting it to hibernate, which might be important when using this software on a primitive computer. In the event of a power failure, although not frequent, the job would not be terminated by the event.
The only problem I had encountered with Fedora 26 was with openmpi. Fedora does not put it into the standard search path, but into /usr/lib64/openmpi/bin, which must be added.
I upgraded Fedora 26 to 27 in place, leaving the Cactus installation untouched. The only problem I had with it was that Fedora 27 removed /usr/lib64/libgsl.so.19, which I had to add after the upgrade was completed.
Then I attempted to install Cactus on a freshly-installed Fedora 27 installation. Things went well for a while, but eventually I encountered this:
COMPILING arrangements/McLachlan/ML_BSSN/src/RegisterSymmetries.ccCOMPILING arrangements/McLachlan/ML_BSSN/src/Startup.ccCreating /home/jontester/Cactus/configs/sim/lib/libthorn_ML_BSSN.amake: *** [Makefile:260: sim] Error 2
I would be interested to know why this occurred. For the present time it does not inconvenience me, but I'm sure the software will continue to evolve. (My name isn't Jon Tester, but I use this user for experimental software.)