[Users] meeting minutes for 2017-11-27

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Mon Nov 27 10:17:34 CST 2017

Present: Roland, Bhavesh, Bill, Antoni, Bruno, Eloisa, Helvi, Miguel,
Sam, Steve, Zach, Peter, Ian, Jonah,

* Review of Cosmo/Particle WG
** currently to gather interest
** brainstorm ideas in this are
** google doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tN5m74VPJ18V9KKCXcGjD4yECsraoqQLy34B-EX0azc/edit

* Review of "Matter Codes" WG
** https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i9a5pCqHLVGumLOqy5VEsBMaU42p9AtW_is3Inz7FlA/edit
** motivation behind this working group is to coordinate the work of different research groups interested in improving the description of matter and improve the accuracy of numerical codes
** try to involve schedule group work in new development by trying to keep Sam Cupp and Steve Brandt in the loop.

* European ET workshop 2018
** next year in Portugal (Lisbon)
** use local cluster for school
** would need an estimate for costs for school
*** handful of lecturers (travel costs etc)
*** technical support
*** intro tutorials like Steve and Peter did using jupyter tutorials using machines at NDS (NCSA) and LSU paying particular attention to disk size requirements
** disentangle from US workshop which will be at GT in late summer, early fall will hopefully have exact dates soon
** Steve suggests to combine one of them with Larryfest for Larry Smarr

* Tutorial for new users
** https://www.einsteintoolkit.nationaldataservice.org/
** can access through link or download
** Roland has typed up instructions on how to create and account and
log in which are currently in the rhaas/new-users-tutorial of the www
repo for the ET in the file documentation/new-user-tutorial.html:

git clone -b
rhaas/new-users-tutorial https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/www

or a live preview:

http://ekohaes8.ncsa.illinois.edu/~rhaas/einsteintoolkit/documentation/new-user-tutorial.html

RNSID review:
* Jonah has not yet received any responses from Pedro or Frank
* Roland will ping them, cc'ing Jonah