[Users] outreach and visibility of the toolkit

Jens Mahlmann jensmahl at alumni.uv.es
Wed Oct 18 15:17:34 CDT 2017

Dear all,

regarding the outreach and visibility topic I have one suggestion
concerning the hurdles of getting started with the Einstein Toolkit.
Already two times this year I met people who were rather interested in
the ET but did not know how to get started.

The initial hurdle of starting with the ET could be lowered, if one
offered for example the contact to a "starting buddy" who agrees to
Skype for example 2 times 30 minutes with somebody who wants to get
started and provides appropriate slides/scripts/examples/tasks to kick
off - also, this might take away the fear to contact the community with
further questions. Alternatively, in a lighter and more standardized
version of this, one could offer a monthly Hangout giving a "How to get
started" presentation and leaving room for Q&A. In any case, I would be
on board for any of these points.

For tonight my very best from Valencia

Jens Mahlmann