[Users] meeting minutes for 2018-08-06
rhaas at illinois.edu
Mon Aug 6 09:33:10 CDT 2018
Present: Roland, Sam, Steve, Yosef, Bhavesh, Peter, Gary W Pearson, Bill
* dates conflict with ET EU meeting
* will have release just after the meeting so that the tutorials can
still use the old release
* will start testing testsuites. Roland on clusters and OSX, Steve on
* BBH: Sam has job that ran on SuperMike will look at it today
* TOV: works
* Scalar field: works
* BNS: Peter ran the example with old code and that matches the
gallery, so there is indeed a code change that caused this.
Significant differences are present in central density and
amplitudes. Now we have to understand what causes the differences by
trying to compare testsuite differences between the two versions.
* Peter looked at Proca and has not seen anything terrible yet
* Steve will look at WVU_Diagnostics
* Lean still needs a reviewer
* no progress on GiRaFFE
Education working group:
* please review
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/images/e/ed/EinsteinToolkit_EducationAndOutreach.pdf for compliance with https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/ET_Working_Group_Policies_and_Procedures
* Sam checked runtimes using PreSync vs. the current ET code and finds
significant speedup of about 20% in all the tests which is accounted
for in the SYNC calls, indicating a lot of oversynchronization. These
tests include ML_BSSN.
* close to having a new version of the wiki
* will have its own local logins and no longer rely on the CCT LDAP
* container for wiki is well under way
* hopeful to be able to let everybody edit the wiki by the end of this
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
Url : http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/attachments/20180806/a0623952/attachment.bin
More information about the Users